Dental braces impart many health benefits by improving the dental hygiene and ultimately resulting in reduced risk of oral diseases. Crooked teeth, misaligned teeth often leads to buildup of food particles between teeth which results in development of film of bacteria on tooth surfaces and increase in plaque. Plaque is one of the contributor to gum and periodontal diseases. By creating an ideal environment for dental hygiene braces helps in improving your dental health.
Teeth protection: Teeth protection is one of the significant benefits of braces.
- Patients with extruded front teeth are more susceptible to damage of tooth, especially when playing sports.
- Braces helps in providing proper alignment which reduces the chances of damage. Also people with irregular bite pattern experience impact on their teeth by uneven stress.
- In the long run these patients teeth wears out more rapidly leading to premature dental problems which requires the damaged teeth to be replaced or repaired.
Good facial appearance and smile: An attractive smile improves self-esteem, built confidence thus resulting in improving the quality of life.
- Hence for obtaining a beautiful smile people are opting to have braces which becomes worth having.
To obtain proper proportion of lips and teeth with the face: Dental braces helps to straighten curved teeth along with correcting the irregularities of facial structures in the jaw and mouth.
- Orthodontic treatments aims to achieve the balance between face and teeth.
Over all health: Teeth acts as a window to the health of your body. Gums and teeth and the way people look when you smile determines your over all health.
Improved eating: Patients with dental problems face difficulty while chewing and biting of food which in-turn rises nutrition and digestion issues.
- Hence straight teeth which can be accomplished by having braces can helps to alleviate these eating issues.
Easier cleaning: One of the major challenges of having braces is removing the food particles that gets trapped in the wires and brackets which may lead to tooth decay and plaque.
- Most of the dental braces are removable and is easy to remove them and continue flossing brushing your teeth as you do normally.
Helps to avoid upper lip bite and cross bite: Oral problems like over bites, cross and upper bites often leads to bleeding gums causing ulcers.
- Patients with such problems are advisable to take orthodontic treatments at an early stage which prevents the extraction of teeth.
- If not treated early extraction of teeth becomes compulsory at adult stage which can be painful.
Therefore, there are many reason to have dental braces and having them helps to prevent from various oral diseases.