Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry treatment carried out to repair the teeth which are decayed, dis-colored and fractured and this is also performed to re-shape teeth. Procedure is easy than dental veneers treatment, as you have to visit the dentist only once. It is called as bonding because tooth colored composite materials used during the treatment are bond to teeth. These materials harden and polish the teeth.
Conditions to be considered before the treatment of dental bonding:
Dental bonding is necessary for the following conditions:
- People having chipped, decayed and fractured teeth
- To improve overall appearance of teeth
- To close the spaces between teeth
- To have long lasting teeth
- When the teeth root is exposed to residing gums
If you have any of the problems stated above then it is better to get dental bonding treatment.
Dental bonding procedure:
- The treatment is completely painless and there is no need of anesthesia.
- At first dentist will check your teeth and comes to an decision that which part of your teeth is damaged.
- Then resin is applied to the teeth to check out the appropriate shade of the teeth.
- Now teeth is prepared for dental bonding treatment and phosphoric acid is applied to teeth surface so that it gets harden and materials will be easily bonded to the teeth.
- Now, bonding materials are placed on the teeth surface then shaped and sculpted.
- To get set and harden the teeth, light is focused on it and in the final stage composite is polished.
- Through this treatment you will have natural and good looking teeth. It is less expensive and the treatment is fast.
- Though it has advantages, it also has some disadvantages when compared to veneers and crowns.
- After the treatment the teeth can be stained over time if you smoke, drink coffee, tea and red wine, as the materials used in dental bonding are not strong enough than crowns and porcelain veneers.
Care taken after dental bonding:
- Avoid chewing and biting harder things
- Avoid smoking and stay away from coffee, tea
- Approach your dentist at least once in a month
- Brushing your teeth regularly
- Follow some good dietary habits avoid sugary foods
Follow these tips after the treatment so that you will have a good oral hygienic health.