Detoxification involves getting rid of toxins in the body. Toxins are harmful substances made in the body as a result of poor lifestyle, environment, and emotional patterns. The food we eat and the air we breath leave some toxins behind and as a result, harmful substances accumulate in the body. Adopting ways that help detoxify the body using natural techniques enables us to lead a healthy life. In this article, we are going to discuss two natural ways of detoxification, namely, yoga and nutritious diet.
Detoxification using yoga
- Yoga is one of the best ways to detoxify your body in a natural way. Yoga aims at bringing changes in both body and soul. These changes prevent the build-up of toxins by various practices and techniques.
- Yoga enables different parts of the body to push, pull, twist, turn and upended. This kind of movements help remove waste products such as carbon-dioxide, lactic acid, and lymphatic fluid even from the deeper tissues and extreme limbs of the body, which is not possible with other regular exercises like jogging and walking.
- Different breathing techniques in yoga help remove the carbon-dioxide from the lung tissues, stimulate the digestive organs, enable the diaphragm to move freely, and thus help them work effectively in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Moreover, it also aids in detoxification of the mind by eliminating the toxic thoughts and makes the mind free from stress, depression, and any other emotional disturbances.
Cleansing the body with nutritious diet
- Taking healthy foods rich in vitamins and minerals is another natural way of detoxifying the body. Vegetarian diet rich in fiber is helps stimulate good bowel elimination.
- Taking foods rich in antioxidants is also an effective and the most natural method of cleansing the body. Antioxidants eliminate the negative effects of free radicals, and protect the body from cell damage. Antioxidants are present in vitamins like A, D, E and K. Therefore, taking the foods rich in these vitamins helps the body detoxify on its own.
- Foods such as milk, egg yolk, salmon, spinach, avocado, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits, etc., are good sources of the aforementioned vitamins. You should, therefore, include them in your diet for good health.
Following a healthy lifestyle is the key to stay away from toxins. It also includes staying away from unhealthy habits such as drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, or drug abuse.