Mexican recipes are indeed delicious. Among the many varieties of starters, lentil and cactus soup is the famous and authentic Mexican recipe. Get the list of ingredients and prepare the soup immediately.
- 14 cups water
- 1 pound lentils which are well rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic that are cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked cactus, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Boil the required amount of water in a soup pot with 3 cloves of garlic. Add the lentils and chicken bouillon and stir continuously. Allow it to heat or boil at low heat for almost one hour till the lentils become soft. Now, heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add onions and 2 chopped cloves of garlic and cook them till they become translucent. Then add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Bring the soup to the simmer once the tomato mixture is stirred and mixed well with the lentil soup. Now add the cactus and stir. Allow it for cooking at lower heat for about 20 minutes. This makes the soup ready for serving.