Bad breath results from two key issues: one is oral hygiene and the other is gastrointestinal health. Breath smells originate not just inside of the mouth but also from your digestive tract. The culprit in both cases is largely bacteria. If you have bad breath, you should first make sure that you are eating right nutritional food and also doing proper brushing and flossing after every meal. Bad breath causes due to bacteria and plaque formation in the mouth.
Below are some instructions which can be useful to keep your breath freshen:
- Chew some sources such as coriander, spearmint, tarragon, eucalyptus, rosemary and cardamom which all are good for fighting bad breath.
- You can even put or steep fresh herbs in the hot water to make it as a tonic. This tonic is the excellent way to treat digestive problems.
- Chewing crunchy foods at lunch time or snack time helps loosen sticky plaque between your teeth. Plaque build up causes gum diseases and oral problems which can increase bad breath.
- Taking yogurt each day reduces the level of odor-causing hydrogen sulfide in the mouth. So, it also cuts back on bacteria in the mouth—plaque and gum disease were reduced in the study’s yogurt eaters as well.
- Sugarless gum also helps you in the production of saliva to rinse away plaque and bacteria.
- Eating citrus fruits or vitamin C-rich foods create an inhospitable environment for bacteria growth. Vitamin C rich diet helps you to prevent gum disease and gingivitis.
- Eat some walnuts as walnuts are a natural breath sweetener.
- Drink green tea because it contains poly-phenols which acts as an antioxidant that are known to get rid of the bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Cheese is high in calcium and provides many benefits for teeth. It balances the pH in your mouth, rebuilds enamel and increase saliva production.