For a bright and white smile, teeth whitening is the best suitable option. It is not only effective in changing your teeth looks, but also effective in changing your smile and improving your self-respect at the same time.
The peroxide ingredient in the teeth whitening products is what actually bleaches the teeth enamel and makes your teeth whiter.
Some of the teeth whitening options are:
- In-office bleaching offers excellent results at higher costs, but at the same time having immediate results can make this option appealing.
- Teeth whitening trays and gels are also effective, but they take longer time than in-office bleaching to give results. Based on the strength of peroxide in the gel, it can take 3 days to a couple of weeks in getting results.
- Teeth whitening strips, sold over the counter are inexpensive and easy to use. Most of them work but may take longer time to produce the desired results depending on the strength of peroxide they contain.
- Teeth whitening toothpastes contain mild abrasives and additional polishing agents to remove surface stains. But still most are not effective.
- Whitening chewing gum, dental floss and mouthwashes always come up new teeth whitening models.
- Porcelain veneers, which cover the front part of the teeth can give the tooth a white appearance covering the front part of the teeth.
Any of the above methods can be useful in the teeth whitening process. But make sure that you undergo these treatments only under supervision of expert dentist and use only those products recommended by the dentist.