Most of the hospital renovate due to the need for changes in patient’s roomand also to keep hospital environment as safe as possible. A patient’s hospital room can play a major role in their healing process and that can impact the amount of time needed for their recovery. Most of the patients generally have negative opinions on hospital rooms than positive opinions, because most of the hospitals have less facilities in patient’s rooms. So hospital management should carefully renovate and select the lifestyle components for each patient room to have a positive impact on the patient’s recovery time and stress levels. Patients do better and heal more quickly when surrounded by friends and family members. So the rooms should contain family-friendly spaces designed to accommodate visitors.
Hospital should contribute to an increase in patient independence and an improvement in patient satisfaction by installing
- Radius corners to eliminate hiding places for germs and bacteria
- Acrylic bathroom fixtures to reduce bacterial growth and mildew
- Patient’s bed should be located on wall closest to the bathroom for easy access
- Grab bars to provide patient mobility without staff or family assistance
- Controls for hospital lighting and TV always within the patient’s reach
- Over-bed canopy with vibrant nature scene and diffuser to circulate air
- Enhanced ergonomics for patient room hospital fixtures and furnishings
- Privacy curtains separate the patient from the bustle of the nurse’s station
Comfortable spaces are decorated more like hotel rooms and provide a comfortable space for overnight family stays. Special attention is given to the use of natural settings and the psychological impact of colors, finishes, curved surfaces and native artwork. If your hospital administrators and medical staff are tired of handling patient complaints, then it’s time to consider installing wellness rooms for your healthcare environment.