The role of facilities managers in particular area has evolved to the extent that managers have to operate at two levels, strategic & tactical level and operational level
Role of Facilities Management:
The role of facilities management is to check if every thing is operating properly and also maintenance of building on the whole. Facility management may range from the small-scale to the large-scale or even on an international scale. Facilities Management also provides larger property managers such as gluttons who act on behalf of their Landlord/owner clients.
Facilities managers need to perform strategic planning and day-to-day operations, specifically in relation to buildings and premises.
Facilities Management Roles includes
- Procurement, Design and contract management
- Managing and Maintaining Buildings and grounds
- Catering and vending Services
- Cleaning Services
- Health and safety
- Utilities and communications infrastructure
- Space management
- Security Services
- Arranging for all important inspections, approvals and licenses and paying all associated fees and costs.
- Maintain safety and security; monitor access; maintain appearance and overall environment of the organization and wellness facilities.
- Developing and administering the policies of the facility.
- Preparing, maintaining and submitting the reports and records to the director.
- Help with management of locker rooms, locker room lockers and day lockers.
- Take part in reviewing, interviewing, hiring, coaching, supervisor, and assessing of new staff.
- A stable financial position should be maintained for the operation of the facility.
- Exercising sound fiscal management practices.
- Attend staff conferences and trainings.
- Examining the staff, if they are capable of giving acceptable performance for the job which is assigned.
- The services rendered should be in accordance with the laws governing facilities enforced by state, federal and local laws. These laws are concerning reporting of income, zoning, employment practices and operation of a business.
Roles and responsibilities which are clearly defined actually paved success for the facility management industry.