Everyone desires to have beautiful and healthy hair. It enhances our beauty and confidence levels. Many people might be facing with problems such as hair loss, dry hair, split ends and so on. Are you one among them? Then better follow some of the tips mentioned here which can be prepared and used at home. Homemade remedies used for your hair care are natural and preferable to chemical solutions. They are inexpensive too.
As hair becomes dry by usage of chemical-based bleach, gels and colors, it is better to avoid them. Hence, natural homemade remedies are being used these days. In addition, it is important to have a natural, balanced diet for healthy hair. Fruits, sprouts, milk products, cholesterol less food, soybeans and raw vegetable salads are to be included in daily diet.
Hair care can be different for different textures of hair. Care and maintenance is different for dry and oily hair. We will know some of the homemade remedies.
Homemade Remedies for Oily Hair
Hair becomes oily for some people because of excess secretion of oil by the oil glands. Oily hair has a beautiful look for 1-2 days after shampooing but becomes sticky later. You should wash oily hair twice or thrice a week. Here are some homemade tips.
- Mild shampoo is to be used for washing oily hair. You should frequently wash them.
- One teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel should be mixed with one tablespoon of lemon juice along with one-fourth of shampoo. This mixture can be used for washing them regularly.
- You can apply carrot puree for 15 minutes and rinse off.
Homemade Remedies for Dry Hair
It is very difficult to control dry hair having dry and split ends. Dry hair tends to be rough, thin, and brittle. Hair gets dried when oil glands become inactive. Lot of care and nourishment is therefore necessary for dry hair. Let us know some of the homemade remedies for dry hair.
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour and add to a cup of coconut milk and apply on the scalp massaging gently. Rinse the hair thoroughly after five minutes. It is an effective method for home hair care when used once a week.
- Massaging the scalp with warm almond or olive oil is also helpful.
- A teaspoon of lavender oil should be added to the coconut oil and then heated for a few seconds. Apply it to hair at night and shampoo the next morning. When you do this twice a week, you can obtain a soft and shiny hair.
- Make a paste of egg yolk and water and apply it to hair for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse the hair off with cold water.
- Mix equal amounts of edible oil and honey and apply it to hair. Let it remain for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Deficiency of zinc is the primary cause of dry hair. So a zinc rich diet is to be taken daily.
Homemade Remedies for Normal Hair
Normal hair does not require much care and it is easy to manage. A healthy and well-balanced diet is enough for maintaining normal hair. However, know some tips for proper hair care.
- One teaspoon of fenugreek seeds are to be soaked overnight. Ground them next morning and apply to the hair. After one hour, rinse and wash with shampoo.
- You can get a good look to normal hair by washing hair with white vinegar periodically.
- You can obtain a healthy hair by drinking one cup of combination of lettuce and spinach juice.
In addition to these tips, here are some guidelines for preventing hair loss. Hair loss is a common problem for many of us today. Natural herbs and oils including rosemary, sage, Aloe Vera and others are the best home remedies for preventing it. Wash your hair with the strained liquid derived from boiling rosemary, peach leaf and nettles. You hair becomes shiny and silky when Aloe Vera is used in combination with coconut milk. All the homemade remedies included here can be prepared at your home. Thus you can get a better and cost-effective hair care from them.